27 May 2010

Foreword

When the editor of Reflections on Nursing Leadership asked me to write a blog, I was hesitant to say yes but, eventually, I agreed, hoping to foster sharing of thoughts and experiences in health and nursing across continents. The first thing I would like to share is my experience as a cancer patient. I was diagnosed as having stage I mucinous carcinoma on 17 September 2009 and subsequently went through surgery and radiotherapy. During that period, I shared bits and pieces of my thoughts as a nurse-turned-patient with my family and close friends. My illness experience has certainly taught me some important things in my life. Because these thoughts were just for sharing with friends and family, there are no big lessons or dramas. Nevertheless, I would humbly like to share them with you.

For Reflections on Nursing Leadership, published by the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International.

No comments:

Post a Comment